Thursday, July 9, 2015

Laughter

Today I laughed for several minutes. From the depths of my being laughter that I let consume my entire body.

I felt 10lbs lighter and more beautiful.

I hadn't laughed like that since Eddie.

On this property I work with 2 guys. Alex who is just 19 and made the comment that I'm almost twice his age...which is true. He's working during his summer break from college.

Then there's Hank.  Oh Hank. Also a younger guy...24 I believe. He is the ring leader of laughter and makes each day more fun than the last.  We are cut from the same cloth and fantasy banter about creating a commune and living off the land in the woods where we work. We end up in stitches picturing him cutting wood in a deer skin loin cloth.

I think I'm still on a laughter high.

6 comments:

  1. That's always a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughter is the best medicine. And it's good for your soul. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meredith, So good to read lightness and joy in your words. I need some advice and I think you're the person to go to. My DIL and I are floating in goat milk. So I was considering getting a couple of pigs to feed out till this fall. We have space with shade and water source. I'd like your thoughts on pen size, fence, shelter and feed requirements. We had pigs when I was a small child many years ago but I only accompanied Dad at feeding time. Thanks
    PS I've posted before as an Anon but prefer this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a big smile reading this post:)
    ~k~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kindred spirits can be any age. So glad you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete