Friday, June 5, 2015

The Zone (diet)

On a journey to drop 35lbs.

Doing "The Zone" diet which is fun and works for me. Great resource that uses "blocks" of carbs, protein, and fat.  They have a sheet with foods listed by category (carb, protein, fat) In the quantity of one block.  You just build your meal.

Also working out with my Aunt. I'm almost 5 down already!

In this 3 block meal:

Carb - 3 blocks of carbs
1/2 cup green beans (1 cup is one block but I split in half so I could have twice as much kidney beans)
1/2 cup kidney beans
Romaine lettuce

Protein - 3 blocks
2 ounces chicken
1 ounce cheese

Fat - olive oil in dressing (splash of lemon and some pepper)

Mustard isn't listed and I didn't count it.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your weight loss!
    It feels great to be thinner, it's easier to move, work, garden etc.
    Here's something you might be interested in reading about, and something I did this year. It's called Whole 30.(www.whole30.com) I started Jan 1, followed it to the letter until the end of Feb, and now am pretty close still, eating Paleo style, and am down 22-23 lbs. My sister came to visit us, joined us in the middle of Feb, continued on her own after she went back home. She is down about 30 lbs. We are both still losing slowly. It's a lifestyle now. There is no going back for us.
    ~k~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! It always helps to have a "buddy" - love that it's your aunt. I always pack on a few extra pounds in the winter. Turned 40 yrs old last summer, and all of a sudden I found myself dragging an extra 20 pounds around come spring. Ugh. For me what works best is just working my arse off...literally?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best part about losing weight is feeling more energetic and alive. The salad looks good and nutritious, too. You'll be where you wanna be before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, but were you starving 2 hours later??

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 hours later I had a 1 block snack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dinner looks delish! Good luck on your efforts. I need to lose about 30, too. Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete