Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Birthday basket

Please tell me I nailed an age appropriate 14 year old birthday gift. She loves hunting (camo realtree backpack) and flannel (shirt) but is a make up pro selfie queen (eye shadows)...complains about there never being junk food (chocolate covered popcorn and caramels) and was using her sisters head phones so I got them as well. Threw in a cute fall soap, face masks, and the "if you can dream it you can achieve it" painting.

Her dad (my bf) has NO clue about making a gal feel special through gift giving...he's just not a gift giver and her mom lives states away and I'm not sure if she even sent a card.

This is something my mom would do for me and made me feel SO special...I hope it makes her feel special too.

I need some positive reinforcement. I hope it's not too much or that she thinks its lame.

I used a tj maxx gift card that was given  to me and ran with it.

12 comments:

  1. I don't know her, but it looks like some useful stuff and tasty snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great birthday basket to me. I love gifts like that and think anyone would feel special knowing someone put that much effort into a gift!

    -SOTH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she'll be thrilled!! When in doubt, err on the side of kindness (I read that once and it's stuck with me). So nice of you, Meredith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! Meredith you did good!:) I would love to be a young gal
    (again) and receive such thoughtful & useful gifts like the ones you were able to buy. Something in every category I think-food, clothing, make-up, something that smells good, looks good, inspirational decor, sweets AND a camo backpack. You nailed it! JMO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you totally nailed it. If mom doesn't even send a card, the quantity of the presents will be nice, as well as the quality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally nailed it! Love everything you picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great to me.. shows you pay attention to what she's into, and that you listen. I think that's pretty huge to a teen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great, and it sounds like you listened to her wants and the gift reflects them, so you can't miss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did great! It's the kind of present I would have liked at that 14.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you listened and remembered. that's what any young kid needs. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect! So thoughtful of you.

    ReplyDelete