Friday, January 3, 2014

Prim and polished

For Christmas my mom got me a pair of Columbia boots. My feet have been dry since Tuesday...they're still in shock.

I felt super weird being photographed so clean...out of the dryer 'overhauls' and new boots.

Poser!

I took a picture of my bottom (better...jk) half at the end of my work day and sent it to her. Needed to redeem myself and give her a visual of just how much those boots were appreciated. Wet, muddy, and dirty on the outside...but clean, warm, and DRY on the inside.

Unbelievable she was able to pick out boots that I really do love and fit like a glove.

Now that the snow has cleaned them off and I can actually see what they look like Ill try and figure out what model boot they are. They are super light weight which is important and while i couldnt stand in the shallow end of a pool and stay dry they keep day to day moisture out.

Thank you mom!

Sadie is doing better after taking a few steps back. Monday night she was active and interested in food but Tuesday was back to sad eyes and no interest in food.

She's currently on day 2 of treatment for coccidia which I'm fairly certain she has. I've fostered enough dogs to identify it in a blind sniff test..Jk jk.

Today she ate a small meal, played with a squeak toy, and didn't shit in the house!

7 comments:

  1. Great pics and congrats on the new boots! The right footwear can make life SO much better. Hope Sadie continues to improve, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a farm girl outfit:) Warm and dry means sprinting through chores rather than slogging. I love my lined overalls and my Carhartt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my insulated bibs too...they're so warm. One of my sister's friends saw a pic of me in them once, and said something about how they don't do anything for me. They may not be flattering, but I wouldn't trade them for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to laugh Katiegirl...your sister's friend is right. Not flattering. My fleeced lined jeans make me look like I'm wearing a diaper, but when its 20 degrees outside in an open air show barn the only thing that matters is that I'm not freezing my ass off.

    I wouldn't trade mine either:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still get a chuckle when I put them on, Anon, and she said it about 4 years ago! LOL. Fleece lined jeans sound like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL Bean. They know cold in Maine.

      Delete
  6. Hey, I love the bib look and so do the gentlemen. somehow I feel sexier in them than in heels. rock the farmware ladies!

    ReplyDelete