Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Cats and yaks

Some days you get kicked by a yak and find a black cat laying on the side of the road that's now camped out in a crate in your kitchen and some days you don't.

I'm not a cat person and not comfortable handling them...especially strange potentially injured feral cats.  Not sure how he came to be unable to move on the side of the road or how long he was there but he hasn't hissed, scratched, or growled at me. Absolutely tolerant albeit very lethargic.

Not a scratch on him and he had a good appetite today. He can't walk quite right and lays most the time but nothing appears to be broken and he's not exhibiting any symptoms of pain.

I'm tempted to name him.

4 comments:

  1. PLEASE be careful, the cat may be ill. Symptoms of rabies: "Symptoms can be varied and can take months to develop. Classic signs of rabies in cats are changes in behavior (including aggression, restlessness and lethargy), increased vocalization, loss of appetite, weakness, disorientation, paralysis, seizures and even sudden death."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! My boss gave me a lecture this morning!

      He's eating which is a good sign and I think his mobility issues stem from an injured/sore front right wrist.

      Nobody will accept him. Not sure what to do. I can't keep him or afford to have him vetted.

      Delete
    2. This time of year we see a lot of cats in our rural area that have caught and eaten gophers or squirrels that were poisoned. They appear very lethargic and out of it and cannot stand or walk properly for a few days and then miraculously almost all recover. Don't see how they can, but they do. Hopefully yours will be up and around soon and can become a feral barn cat or something. Good luck.

      Delete
  2. I placed a found report in the county I found it. Need to have it checked for a chip. It's not altered but is friendly. Who knows. I need to figure out something soon.

    ReplyDelete