Tuesday, June 26, 2012

a windy summer day

clothes on the line flap like flags in the wind.

my hair whisps in every direction.

the humidity is gone, the breeze is alive and well.

today is a beautiful day!

i'm looking forward to the following...

1. quick run to tractor supply to grab a bale of straw (to be stuffed in the trunk of the corolla) and a bag of pig feed (which will sit like a passed out sack of potatoes in the front seat of the car).
2.  let dogs out...check up on chickens. 
3. give hens fresh cold water.
4. PIGLETS PIGLETS PIGLETS!!!!

i'll let the piglets out in the field to run, play and root...what a site this will be.

its been awhile since i've had younger pigs and i'm excited to have these two at home.

hello evenings outside with the pigs, oh how i've missed you.



5 comments:

  1. Your baby pigs are so adorable! Would love to come visit sometime to see the pigs and the raised beds! Have a great weekend with your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please come out! i would love to have you.

    are you the type that would enjoy tea on the deck?

    tube down the river?

    a stiff drink while playing with pigs?

    let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That would be great. Let's plan it. I can have lights envy! (mine have not arrived yet..) I am not formal, so tea on the deck is not me - though I love sitting on the deck and staring into the open. Drinking anything and playing with pigs sounds like an ideal afternoon to me. I like to be outside doing anything related to animals, dirt, grass, trees, and water! I just got power back tonight after being out for 24hours. Man, am I spoiled! Anyway, want to plan to do it on a weekend afternoon? What works best for you?

      Delete
  3. Dude - still no power? You must be roasting. If it weren't for geography and your animals, I would tell you to come stay here! I found that finding a place to charge my cell phone was annoying - I vow to buy a car charger, a battery operated radio and a battery operated FAN. I kept taking my dogs to the creek to cool off, then putting them in the basement. 107 degrees, 2 labs and no power is ugly. Is there anything I can do for you?

    ReplyDelete