Monday, June 18, 2012

Garden notTour

My garden has grown so much in the past few days the previous pictures I have feel too dated to share.  Today I will take more pictures and provide a new tour de garden.

While I LOVE maintaining my garden, the one aspect I fail at on a yearly basis is labeling my rows.  Each spring I vow to label and date my rows with what i've planted and each spring I fail to do so. 

How do you keep your gardens organized?  How do you label your plants?  Do you note the dates you plant? 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info on your lights! I have been using the 1 shop light and it sucks always moving it from bed to bed with the shadows and such. I ordered some of the strand ones, so thanks for the advice.

    I label my garden on wooden popsicles sticks that I shove in the ground by the row! Date on back and type of veggie on front with a sharpie. The bonus is I 'have' to eat popsicles through the spring and summer to have enough - darn...I am a huge nerd, so I also have 1 piece of paper made per bed with the rows drawn, labeled and dated...I color them in and hang them on my porch as art...(dont laugh!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. before i had the string of lights i used a shop light too. it wasn't on the stand and i'd balance it on one of the posts. these lights are so much better, and more fun! i love the "feel" of a lit garden.

    um, huge nerd...that sounds awesome! i should do the same. can you take a picture of one and email it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know - I love the glow of outdoor light strands! I almost wanted to put xmas lights around my fence, but your work shop lights are a better idea to actually get work done out there at night. Sure, I can email picts -but do you want a picture of the raised bed labeled or of the drawing of the bed? Is your email listed on this blog somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  4. anon, your garden drawings are BEAUTIFUL! i would purchase them as postcards...or even on a linen dish cloth.

    ReplyDelete