Wednesday, July 6, 2016

On a mission.

I'm on a mission to purchase the transcripts from Commonwealth v. Lerner, Sandy.

I won't let myself do it until I've paid off my debt/loans. 

I have an deer antler chandelier made of 11 large antlers.  I believe it's authentic, not a reproduction.  Real deal antler chandeliers are very expensive. 

I gave it to my aunt as a housewarming gift years ago. She and her husband are now moving cross country and slimming down on possessions...to include giving me back the chandelier. I didn't originally purchase it so I'm not sure what it's worth.

Where could I get it appraised? What professional could I get to write a letter of authenticity or at least confirm they are real. I want to ask big bucks for it.

6 comments:

  1. For starters you could look on eBay to see if anyone is selling one like it. You could also visit any antique or vintage thrift where someone after observing item would write you a letter of authenticity. Also you may want to try any of these community boards on eBay and ask a question of a seller.
    http://community.ebay.com/

    If I think of more I will post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Around here sometimes groups host Antique Appraisal Weekends -- where you pay $5 an item and they have a variety of appraisers on hand to look at what you have? Maybe there is something like that going on this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Estate sale people likely have a list of local people who appraise unique stuff. Also try the college. Professors may have an in to that world too. My bro is a history professor and he appraises historical items as a side business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a link to sold ebay chandeliers.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=deer+antler+chandelier&_sop=3

    ReplyDelete
  5. "big bucks" for it. Ha! Pun intended.

    ReplyDelete