Thursday, March 17, 2016

Court

A judge listened to this case for 7 hours.

He acknowledged neglect of state several pigs over the course of week's.

Coincidently the defense used all of my own pictures (receiver through discovery) to create records of treatment...where they claims treatment began the day i stopped living at the farm and most of the animals miraculously bounce back...you know except for the few that died.

Their vet testified that he was not on the farm and didn't examine any of the pigs but that it was a tough year on animals and he trusted Ayrshire Farms methods.

I didn't cross examine him well. I didn't do much of the lawyering well.

Bottom line,  the judge recognized these animals were neglected, that Sandy was the owner, the charges were based on a new code, but he couldn't beyond a reasonable doubt convict her.

I don't recall everything I was seeing red and in tears.

I only had 6 weeks to work with and couldn't support these abuses with all the others. Their vet blamed it on the weather, the staff blamed it on the pigs...

I'm not done fighting for the pigs and fighting against the corruption.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry justice didn't prevail for the pigs. What's next for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still plugging along. Focusing on the humane Farm Animal care aspect and how fraudulent of a certification it is.

      Potentially taking the director to court for perjury based on her testimony under oath.

      Delete
  2. How not ok are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well a judge found the farm guilty of neglect but didn't convict Sandy.

      I'm ok. I can work with this.

      I have the audio validating all my concerns and allegations by a Loudoun county General district court judge.

      Delete