Monday, February 22, 2016

Obese to fat to fit

I'm almost down from obese (170)
to fat (150) at 157.5lbs

I'm very excited about this and am hopeful to be a fit 135-140 by my birthday on June 8th.

I'm the type that just feels AWFUL in general when heavy.

I can't wait for my clothes to fit again!

I'm meal planning today and broke the back at the grocery store.

No more ramen for me. I used to eat it for 2 meals some days.

I'm biting the bullet and really can't wait to get a garden going to burn calories while saving money on produce.

Out of season veggies are expensive!

Its beautiful and feels like spring.

Enough so I contacted a dear friend from 15 years ago...that cool wet warm spring evening air reminds me of him and being young, just starting to drive, and the first years of complete freedom having a car gives you.

I love the way the atmosphere can make me feel.

I'm already missing the sound of spring peepers. I don't think I'll be able to hear them in town.

What's your favorite spring is in the air feeling?

8 comments:

  1. The smell of freshly turned soil and frogs singing at dusk in rain showers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it's warm enough to open the windows a little at home and finally get all the old stale air OUT! And then my whole apartment smells like spring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love walking barefoot in the garden, warm dirt, my favorite thing, and love peepers too! I also love when I hear the first Canada Goose honking it's way back North.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring in my part of CA means green grass (if we've had any winter rains -- and we have, though I hope there is more coming)! Peepers sing in the creek and if we're lucky, a pair of kingfishers will take up residence. Spring also means longer days and fresh eggs again, courtesy of our three hens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all of these...also daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tulips...they make me happy. I also enjoy being barefoot upon the warm earth. Then, of course, is that feeling of fresh beginnings that filter into one's soul as we watch the new growth springing from the ground... a promise of hope and bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hyacinth! I run to the garden center and pick up the bulbs and happily run back home to plant them..I stick them all over my living room and kitchen and it makes me so incredibly happy..I know Spring is coming when I see those.

    Congrats on the weight loss..I always feel so much better when I am getting rid of the extra weight and eating whole foods..I'm making BBQ Lentils this weekend for various meals :D

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete