Monday, April 27, 2015

Leading Bessy

When at Walnut Creek Farm in Elysburg, PA I like to spend a few minutes doting on and handling their soon to be milk cow.  That day was lead her around with a halter rewarding with grain.

The next day was tummy rubs and desensitizing her udder and teats.

I've found animals LOVE to have their ears cleaned so I'll use my finger to clean her ears...and she learns to trust me as she leans against my arm in bliss.

Pigs, cows, even dogs. I clean my dogs ears with q tips. Not deep of course and I know their limits but they love it and groan with pleasure. Depending on the individual animal it's either a good way to win them over or get bit.

I don't recommend trying it with animals you are unfamiliar with!

1 comment:

  1. If you like pigs you'll love Jerseys. Smart, curious, friendly, and always into something!

    ReplyDelete