Friday, November 21, 2014

Cali one on one

Can't recall the last time I took cali out by herself. I usually have a clown car of dogs.  Enjoyed a delightful mini walk at the river collecting acorns with my girl. She will be 10 on 1/9. Can hardly believe it!

What pets do you all have?

Me - 3 dogs (but hundreds of pigs still have my heart).

Up next...a post on Skinny.

My heart pig.

I gave him the love and care he needed to find the will to live.

In typical Ayrshire fashion they reneged on our written contract of sale after their first inspection.

My heart breaks for all of the pigs at Ayrshire Farm, but especially for Skinny. A pig wise enough to play favorites.

4 comments:

  1. I have a Calli too. She too is special like yours. T-boned by another dog 8 years ago. Suffered major spinal damage. This last year she has used a wheel chair for walks, as she is now almost 15. She is a lab/golden cross. I also have two border collies, Jake and Luna, and took on my mother's cat when she went into a home. Used to have horses, but the last one died this Spring. One old sheep left that hangs with the chickens. Never had pigs, although my dad used to keep them when he was young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 13 yr old dog, a cat, 4 horses and a herd of beef cattle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a German Shepherd dog, two cats, a flock of 8 Black Australorps, a Wyandotte, and a Barred Rock. I also have 7 hilarious ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a rescued blue tick coonhound as dumb as a box of rocks, but so sweet and very handsome. And a rescued lab-pittie who is anxious but also very sweet. I had to put my 23 year old calico cat down a few weeks ago when she stopped eating and drinking. We have 22 acres now and 4 barns, including an old hog barn, but no livestock yet. The Mr. wants farm animals, I pretty much would rather be able to drive down to Manhattan once in a while for the weekend. I like farm plants. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete