Saturday, May 30, 2015

watching over my flock by night (old draft from 1/2014)

As predicted the temps here in northern VA are drastically dropping and on cue the snow is falling.
I have been working since 8:30 this morning...much to my coworkers dismay.
7:00 am good
8:00 am acceptable
8:30 am annoying
9:00 am pure dissatisfaction
9:15 am and I prepare for a 'GIRL, where have you been? Mucho work. You need to get here earlier.' (meredith is hard for most of my Hispanic coworkers to pronounce so I generally answer to "girl". Works for us)
I try to explain I don't work by the hour and am only paid for 45 hours a week...though I've never managed less than 55-60. 
I might start later in the morning but I'm out LONG after the guys go home.  Yesterday a sow farrowed 9 piglets, 7 made it through the night.  I'm learning litter by litter.

1 comment:

  1. Is this a picture of rain? Piglets so cute.
    Dev

    ReplyDelete