Sunday, August 25, 2013

Holy ruptured ovarian cyst!

Have any of you ladies experienced a ruptured ovarian cyst?

Love to hear your experience if you feel comfortable.

On Saturday after about 12 hours thinking I was experiencing normal (horrible) menstrual cramps my pain worsened severely.  My body, especially abdomen, hurt to the touch and I felt pain throughout my body up to my collarbone ans neck.  I was unable to stand straight and could not walk more than a few feet without feeling like I would faint...which I did.  Knowing something was seriously wrong between the pain level, cold sweats, and inability to walk w/o collapsing...off the the ER I went.  Thank God my bf was available to drive me there avoiding the stress and anxiety of calling 911 and being transported by ambulance.  Not having health insurance this wasn't an easy decision, but at the time I though I might be dealing with appendix issues which can become live threatening if not treated immediately.

Turns out a cyst on my left ovary ruptured twisting my ovary, leading it to enlarge 4 times its normal size...and releasing blood and other fluids into my body.

Ouch.

Decided not to go the surgery route. 

Hello painkillers!

Freaking ovary.

3 comments:

  1. Several times but none were large enough to twist my ovary.

    I'm guessing you have endometriosis, too? I was diagnosed five years ago. Every day is a challenge.

    Last month my doctor found an endometrioma (a blood-filled cyst) growing on my left ovary. I've already had surgery once and my doctor doesn't want to go back in a second time because the first surgery didn't work and the risk of scar tissue outweighs the benefits. Just living with the pain+fatigue for now and hoping that it doesn't rupture. I already have a bunch of not-so-lovely tissue growing inside my abdomen causing me a lot of pain and discomfort (I couldn't walk most of last month).

    Heal well, Meredith! That sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear you had to go through all that. I'm thankful you are going to be all right and that your boyfriend was close by. Please rest as much as you can.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not fun. Hopefully you didn't have to experience this again.

    ReplyDelete