Thursday, August 29, 2013

Future plans!

2 days shy of homeless (again) and almost 4 months since I left my job....hundreds of miles driven over several states, sleeping in my car...and wrapping coins....À JOB OFFER, well internship/job.

This position has been in the works since early spring.  A farm to fork focused internship at Ayrshire Farm.  The first year program has shifted a bit...but for the better.  I will be extensively working with the shires and learning how to drive AND integrating them into agricultural working horses...and learning pastured based commercial raising of heritage breed cattle and swine. Certified organic, Certified Humane, etc.

Quite the opportunity!

It's been a long journey since the house fire and resigning from my previous job...but this reward is worth those risks.

http://www.ayrshirefarm.com/AyrshireFarm/AFHome.html

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It sounds like the perfect opportunity for you. I'm happy for you.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Valerie said! Really exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayrshire is pretty. I went once on a college trip.

    ReplyDelete