Thursday, May 16, 2013

Reinvented village...

<p>...need to find one or start 'our' own.</p>
<p>Currently jobless and essentially homeless...all research leads to the same pit of despair. </p>
<p>There's got to be a better more fulfilling way to live.</p>
<p>All my life I've been viewed as a burden, tippy toeing around, hush, be quiet, don't need, certainly don't inconvenience, do your best to be invisible. As if my presence (now combined with my dogs) is painfully offensive. </p>
<p>A difficult work environment is one thing, trying rentals and landlords another...but after a house fire and now w/o work (constructive dismissal, drafting my paperwork for the EEOC) I am in a position where I need help and am relying on others.&#160; </p>
<p>After the fire I stayed with a friend, turned bf for a brief time (opportunistic bastard who should have protected me while in shock and in my greatest time of need), turned 'friend'.&#160; As I healed mentally from the fear of the fire I experienced a very painful unethical and more than likey illegal situation at work (will share in EVERY detail once my application is complete) that completely knocked me down, held me down, and kicked me each time I tried to stand.&#160; Im a fighter through and through, soon enough those wrongs became my source of power and healing began.&#160; </p>
<p>With strength renewed and clarity I hadn't known on months, I realized staying with this 'friend' was hurtful, not helpful and I needed out.&#160; Playing by the rules of another (despite paying 1/2 rent) isn't for me.&#160; Silence turned into suggestions, which turned to demands and threats.&#160;&#160; The midnight temper tantrum get out now card? Don't throw it at me. I paid my rent, will make alternative arrangements, and leave when I see fit.</p>
<p>So off the dogs and I went....</p>
<p>....to stay with my parents for the first time in my adult life. In the basement of course, as any proper almost 30 year old does.  Finished basement, this is Loudoun County after all....

No comments:

Post a Comment