Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 4

No power. No lights, running water, or AC in 100 degree temps.

The dogs and I are hanging in there, the chickens are fine, and the poor pigs have dirty water. Tonight ill haul up buckets full of fresh water from the stream. There's just one giant hill between the barn and stream. I'll be going uphill with the full buckets. I'm sweating thinking about it.

The pork defrosting in my freezer is now safely very frozen at a friends. 

Now to put ice I luckily grabbed while 7-11 was restocking out for the pigs, that'll tide them over and cool them down.

2 comments:

  1. Hey -
    I have a "yard cart" thingy with wheels - I bet it would fit two full 5 gallon buckets. Do you want to use it to drag water up the hill? I also have head lamps you can borrow and candles you can have. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for the offer! i got power back on the 4th. thank goodness. i didn't miss the ac or lights, but man oh man i really wanted that running water back.

    ReplyDelete