Tuesday, May 22, 2012

humerous read

sometime ago there was a post on a popular blog about Williams-Sonomas agricultural products.
i felt the author lifted an eyebrow, rolled an eye, and got on her high horse.

here is a humerous look at the same products, but with a like minded perspective.

i am especially partial to this paragraph, which i feel runs rampant in the me me me, i want want want culture that is my peer group.  hobbies, trades, and interests involving animals aren't for the uninformed romantics among us.  the romantic fails (while giving it their "best" which involved limited research, no mentor, and a proud ego) and the animals die.  call it a learning experience to make yourself feel better or call it a mistake and do better.  pride vs humble nature.

"My one concern, having demonstrated first hand that ill-trained hobbyists can neglect their bees to death, is whether kits like these encourage folks with an overly romantic notion of beekeeping to take it up before they are ready. But then, who am I to judge?"



http://www.treehugger.com/lawn-garden/1300-chicken-coop-williams-sonoma-goes-agrarian.html

3 comments:

  1. You are right on... If nothing else from my learning experince at said other blogs at least I found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i enjoyed writing and blogged more, but i simply don't. i don't want to write about it, i want to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I agree- work is more productive and more fulfilling than creating a fantacy farm.

    ReplyDelete