Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pig heads

John is half way through the 8 hour drive from asheville nc to bluemont va. Tomorrow we will go to Blue Ridge Meats to pick up 3 pig heads. Dating an experienced chef has its perks, and makes utilitizing all edible portions of a pig much easier.
I planned the trip on slaughter day so john and I can witness several pigs being killed. This is important for me to see and my only regret with my experience raising pigs was not being there when they were killed.
Tomorrow will be an interesting, educational, and emotional day. For now though, my eyes are on the clock waiting for John. He's been gone for almost a month. Excited doesn't come close to describe how glad I will be to see him, if only for 2 days.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Meredith for being a real farmer with a real life and not dumping all your money into toys while your animals suffer. Thank you. You are my inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Kimberly.

    slow and steady wins the race ;)

    ReplyDelete