Monday, December 5, 2016

Holy root canal(s)!

I'm about to fundraise for a few puppies and use them on root canals.

How the hell do people afford dental work? Medicaid doesn't covet dental and  even the best plans on the exchange barely cover cavities or root canals and if they do its after a waiting period.

My anxiety comes through as night terrors and extreme teeth grinding.  Apparently I ground an existing filling to pieces and have a roaring infection and exposed nerves or roots...I couldn't keep up.

The dentist started to fill the cavity in another tooth...which actually needs a root canal as well. So I have a nice partially drilled tooth on standby.

His endodontist is out until January.

All I want for Christmas is 2 root canals.

I was told ibuprofen and Tylenol mixed will stop the pain. I have my doubts. Next step while waiting for q root canal is draining the abscess I'm on antibiotics for. Disgusting!

5 comments:

  1. Tylenol and Advil together are very good to pain. IMO much better than either alone. The dentist told my husband about that when he had a bunch of teeth pulled and got dentures. I hope you are able to get your teeth taken care of soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of using that combo. It's thankfully doing the trick!

      I hope to see the orthodontist in early January. My parents are loaning me the funds which is a huge blessing. They generally don't get involved in the financial affairs of their adult children.

      Either my dad is getting soft as he ages or he's sympathetic to recent vet bills and Calis impending end. Her single front leg is very arthritic in the elbow. :(

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear of your troubles, Meredith. Hope all goes well with your teeth and you get more time with Cali.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Neither dogs or teeth last forever. Thankfully the teeth can be fixed and I'm suffocating cali with love while I still can.

      Delete